Our Doors Remain Open
Our world is changing every day. But it hasn’t stopped. And neither has our commitment to the women we serve.
Rosie’s Place’s doors remain open—offering sanctuary and support in a time of uncertainty for all of us, but especially for the women with nowhere else to turn.
These women are among Massachusetts’ most vulnerable, and they are most in need of our care and compassion.
Responding to COVID-19, we have incorporated social distancing throughout each service we provide. Guests who visit us during the day are relying on us now more than ever. As other local programs and services become more limited in their scope, the options homeless women have for safe places dwindle. We are taking every measure to flatten the curve and protect our guests and staff while providing essential help:
- Our critical Emergency programs—showers, phones, computers, laundry, and sitting room are open daily for homeless women to stay safe and stay in touch.
- Our Dining Room continues to serve healthy lunches and dinners. Guests may take their meals to-go or sit one-to-a-table.
- Our Overnight Shelter has extended the stays of our current 20 guests in order to best ensure their safety.
- Our Pantry is providing a week’s worth of pre-bagged groceries so that those who are housed can remain indoors for longer, and we are encouraging them to stay at home as much as possible.
- We are delivering food and essentials to homebound guests and women in our Stabilization program.
- We are providing remote advocacy so that women seeking services are able to connect with our expert help by phone.
- We have installed multiple portable hand washing stations throughout our building to encourage hand hygiene and we are asking each guest to wash as they enter our building, before and after meals, and as they leave.
- Our staff have staggered their schedules to minimize risk of exposure, and those who can work remotely are doing so.
When times get hard—and hope and solutions are harder to come by—the Rosie’s Place community pitches in and pushes ahead.
We are only able to do this thanks to friends like you.
Continuing to serve our guests under these unprecedented circumstances will require additional accommodations, expense, and resources. We hope you will consider making a gift so that our doors remain open and our compassion remains constant.
Thank you for being such an important part of our extraordinary community.