Public Policy departments are not commonly found in direct service organizations such as Rosie’s Place, but giving voice to issues that affect poor and homeless women has always been an integral part of what we do.
The Public Policy department works to seek social justice on behalf of Rosie’s Place guests. We work to achieve this goal through direct lobbying, coalition building and by empowering guests to be actively involved in civic life.
Rosie’s Place Action Network
Stay connected to Public Policy at Rosie's Place and join our Action Network and take action on any of our priorities.
2021-2022 Legislative Priorities
Shelter and Homelessness
- EA Family Shelter Access – H.202, Rep. Decker & Rep. Miranda | S.111, Sen. Gomez
- Homeless Bill of Rights – H.264, Rep. Pignatelli | S.142, Sen. Rausch
- MA IDs for the Homeless – H.3515, Rep. Khan & Rep. O’Day | S.2276, Sen. Chandler
Eviction and Homelessness Prevention
- Upstream Rental Assistance – H.1385, Rep. Decker & Rep. Miranda
- Preventing COVID-19 Evictions - H.1434, Rep. Moran & Rep. Honan | S.891, Sen. Jehlan
- Right to Counsel – H.1436, Rep. Rogers & Rep. Day | S.874, Sen. DiDomenico
- Eviction Record Sealing – H.1808, Rep. Moran | S.921, Sen. Boncore
- MA Rental Voucher Program - H.1428, Rep. Madaro | S.898, Sen. Lovely
- Housing and Environment Revenue – H.2890, Rep. Elugardo | S.1853, Sen. Eldridge
Safety Net and Public Benefits
- Lifting Kids out of Deep Poverty – H.199, Rep. Decker | S.96 by Sen. DiDomenico
- Closing the SNAP gap - H.1290, Rep. Livingstone | S.761, Sen. DiDomenico
- Language Access and Inclusion – H.3199, Rep. Madaro & Rep. Gonzalez | S.2040, Sen. DiDomenico
Voting Rights and Election Access
- VOTES Act – H.805, Rep. Lawn | S.459, Sen. Creem
- FARE Act - H.3547, Rep. Tyler & Rep. Moran | S.2261, Sen. Boncore
2021 Boston Election
Every year, we engage guests in the electoral process by providing access to candidate forums, promoting voter registration and participation, and creating a non-partisan candidate guide on the issues guests care about.
For the 2021 Boston election we invited the mayoral candidates to respond to a questionnaire regarding issues that directly impact poor and homeless women in the City of Boston. Click here to view our election guide and review their responses.
Register to vote at registertovotema.com
Find your polling location at wheredoivotema.com