Work at Rosie's Place
Rosie's Place offers a wide range of rewarding career opportunities to individuals who are committed to our mission. When you join Rosie’s Place, you become part of a dedicated team that each year offers 12,000 poor and homeless women shelter, sanctuary and support. If you are looking for an internship, please check our Internship Opportunities.
Volunteer Coordinator (Mon-Fri 10am-6pm)
The Volunteer Coordinator assists in the overall management and coordination of volunteer services at Rosie’s Place. Working with the Director and the Volunteer Recruiter, the Volunteer Coordinator helps maximize the skills of a large number of volunteers and interns to meet the needs of all Rosie’s Place Programs. We work to support the mission of Rosie’s Place – to provide a safe and nurturing environment for poor and homeless women to maintain their dignity, seek opportunity, and find security in their lives.View Listing Details
Are you a people person looking to apply your organizational skills at one of the most-highly regarded nonprofits in Boston? Is social justice and the advancement of women important to you? Then you may have a place at Rosie's Place, the first women’s shelter in the United States. What started out as safe place for poor and homeless women to get a bed and a meal in Boston 44 years ago has grown into a multi-faceted community center serving 12,000 women a year.
Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00am-6:00pm
A resume and cover letter are required for consideration. Please email to email@example.com and write “Volunteer Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
- Work with the Volunteer Services team to recruit, select, orient, train, supervise and retain volunteers
- Communicate daily with volunteers on-site and through email and phone calls
- Schedule groups to cater in the dining room program
- Establish, maintain, and cultivate partnerships with individuals, college interns and all types of groups (corporate, faith-based and educational)
- Handle scheduling, tracking, and monitoring of volunteer activities
- Communicate the mission of Rosie’s Place through tours, presentations and volunteer recruitment fairs
- Carry out other tasks and duties as assigned by the Director of Volunteer Services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and experience with database management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate the mission and philosophy of Rosie’s Place
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills and the ability to be welcoming to all volunteers
- Strong customer service skills and a commitment to social justice
- Flexibility and the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, and to respond quickly to changing conditions
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Occasional evening and weekend work required as determined by Director
HOW TO APPLY: A resume and cover letter are required for consideration. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Volunteer Coordinator” in the subject line of your email. Applicants without a cover letter may not be considered.
Rosie’s Place is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. Rosie’s Place strongly encourages people of color, people with disabilities and homeless/formerly homeless people to apply.
Relief Staff Positions
Rosie’s Place is seeking individuals to work as relief staff on an as-needed basis. All relief staff persons receive $12 per hour. If hired, you will receive paid training to work in one or more of the following positions:
Relief Staff - Overnight Program Advocate
Objective: To provide a safe and supportive atmosphere for twenty Overnight Program guests.
Key Responsibilities: Provide a safe and welcoming environment for guests; maintain guest confidentiality and observe professional boundaries; restock program supplies and complete housekeeping tasks; enter a complete account of each shift in a daily log; resolve all conflicts in a calm and respectful manner; and any other duties as assigned by the Overnight Manager.
Qualifications: Minimum of two years direct service experience with people of diverse backgrounds; reliable, dependable, confident, quick-thinking, adaptable and able to cope with stress; and good written and verbal skills and basic computer skills.
Relief Staff - Front Desk Coordinator
Objective: To provide a welcoming and supportive atmosphere for guests and visitors entering Rosie’s Place and to act as an effective liaison for guests seeking to access services.
Key Responsibilities: Greet guests and visitors at the main entrance; answer telephones; receive mail and packages; file and check mail for guests and take phone messages; copy, fax and use postage machine; make laundry appointments and hand out shower kits; act as an effective liaison for guests seeking all services, and monitor guest areas and resolve conflicts in a respectful manner.
Qualifications: Good written and verbal skills; ability to handle multiple tasks at once; comfortable working with diverse groups of people; adaptable, energetic and able to cope with stress; one year direct service with diverse populations preferred, and high school diploma or equivalent.
Relief Staff - Dining Room Coordinator
Objective: To efficiently prepare and serve lunch and/or dinner for up to 150 women and children while at the same time maintaining a welcoming, safe and nurturing environment.
Key Responsibilities: Prepare and serve entire meals for guests; perform cleanup duties; supervise the tasks of volunteers; maintain health department regulations; stock food and supplies, and maintain the safety and well being of guests and volunteers.
Qualifications: One year experience in the food service industry; ability to lift up to 50lbs and ability to work in a multicultural setting with people of diverse backgrounds, traditions, customs and personalities.
If interested in any of the above relief positions, please download the PDF application form, open in an Adobe reader, fill it out and email it to email@example.com. Make sure to put “Relief Staff Application” in the subject heading of your email. We will review your application and contact you if we believe you are a strong candidate for a position. No phone calls please.