Interns at Rosie’s Place work alongside staff, joining in our efforts to improve the lives of poor and homeless women. Interns gain valuable non-profit experience, enhance academic studies and provide community service. All internships are unpaid, but some students receive financial support or course credit through their colleges.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle a variety of demands in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized
- Passion for social justice and a commitment to furthering the mission of Rosie's Place
Summer 2019 Internships:
Rosie's Place offers two types of summer internship experiences: a full-time internship (35 hours/week) and a part-time internship (averages 15 hours/week). Full-time interns complete 350 hours and part-time interns complete 150 hours. Rosie's Place summer internships happen May through September allowing some flexibility with start and end dates.
- FULL-TIME internships require onsite service Monday through Thursday 9-4pm for 10 weeks as well as independent study weekly.
- PART-TIME internships involve onsite service and independent study. Part-time internships have flexibility with onsite service scheduling including possible evening and weekend service.
See descriptions below and click here to apply. Only complete applications will be considered.
Fiscal Internship | Full-time
Rosie’s Place provides meals and shelter and also creates answers for 12,000 women a year through wide-ranging support, housing and education services. Rosie’s Place relies solely on the generous support of individuals, foundations and corporations and does not accept any city, state or federal funding. Thanks to these donations, 85 cents of every dollar raised goes directly to services for poor and homeless women. We raise $9 million annually through a variety of means including direct mail, grant writing and special events.
Fiscal intern responsibilities may include:
- Entering and scanning invoices into Quickbooks using the Accounts Payable Module
- Processing payment of invoices on a weekly basis
- Entering donations into Raiser’s Edge fundraising software and depositing checks using internal bank scanner
- Assisting with credit card and petty cash reconciliations
- Assisting with audit preparation including year-end schedules, testing and field work
- Systemizing allocation of costs for operations department
- Attending subcommittee board meetings with VP of Finance and Administration
- Assisting in various projects as needed