Work at Rosie's Place
Rosie's Place offers a wide range of rewarding career opportunities to individuals who are committed to our mission. When you join Rosie’s Place, you become part of a dedicated team that each year offers 12,000 poor and homeless women shelter, sanctuary and support. If you are looking for an internship, please check our Internship Opportunities.
The Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Communications to implement all aspects of the Rosie’s Place Communications plan. The role includes lots of variety and the opportunity to build your skills in the areas of social media, web management, writing, design and marketing. Our goals are to burnish our positive public image and increase awareness of our work. You can help us tell compelling stories about the ways we change lives!View Listing Details
HOURS: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
A resume, cover letter and (1) writing and (1) design sample are required for consideration. Please email to email@example.com and write “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
- Manage Rosie’s Place’s social media presence on three or more channels
- Create content and digital assets for daily posts
- Analyze data and research best practices to optimize efforts
- Manage Rosie’s Place website, www.rosiesplace.org
- Oversee web content/general updating
- Serve as primary contact with web developer
- Utilize Google Analytics
- Design and produce collateral materials, such as fliers, postcards, invitations and quarterly calendar
- Take photos of events and activities and manage image library
- Manage holiday card fundraising program, including developing sales plan, corporate relations and fulfillment
- Assist Women’s Craft Cooperative in developing marketing plan and materials
- Write press releases, pitch stories and develop relationships with local media
- Contribute to writing projects, including the quarterly newsletter, brochures and volunteer profiles
- Maintain and track Rosie’s Place’s press clippings, media mentions and printing and communications planning calendars
- Serve as a representative of Rosie’s Place as needed at public appearances and community relations activities
- Supervise volunteers and interns assisting the Communications department
- Assist Development Office on an as-needed basis, including gift processing at year-end and special events
- Report to the Director of Communications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two year prior communications or relevant experience
- Excellent verbal, writing, proofreading and general communication skills
- Experience with website content management systems, email marketing and social media management
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (esp. InDesign and Photoshop)
- Experience with Hootsuite and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with Blackbaud systems; Luminate and Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Basic knowledge of HTML preferred.
- Experience with photography, videography and video editing a plus
- Ability to prioritize and meet daily deadlines
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Occasional evening and weekend work required as determined by Director.
Salary range: $36,000-$42,000
A resume, cover letter and (1) writing and (1) design sample are required for consideration. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.Rosie’s Place is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. Rosie’s Place strongly encourages people of color, people with disabilities and homeless/formerly homeless people to apply.
Relief Staff Positions
Rosie’s Place is seeking individuals to work as relief staff on an as-needed basis. All relief staff persons receive $12 per hour. If hired, you will receive paid training to work in one or more of the following positions:
Overnight Program Advocate
Objective: To provide a safe and supportive atmosphere for twenty Overnight Program guests.
Key Responsibilities: Provide a safe and welcoming environment for guests; maintain guest confidentiality and observe professional boundaries; restock program supplies and complete housekeeping tasks; enter a complete account of each shift in a daily log; resolve all conflicts in a calm and respectful manner; and any other duties as assigned by the Overnight Manager.
Qualifications: Minimum of two years direct service experience with people of diverse backgrounds; reliable, dependable, confident, quick-thinking, adaptable and able to cope with stress; and good written and verbal skills and basic computer skills.
Front Desk Coordinator
Objective: To provide a welcoming and supportive atmosphere for guests and visitors entering Rosie’s Place and to act as an effective liaison for guests seeking to access services.
Key Responsibilities: Greet guests and visitors at the main entrance; answer telephones; receive mail and packages; file and check mail for guests and take phone messages; copy, fax and use postage machine; make laundry appointments and hand out shower kits; act as an effective liaison for guests seeking all services, and monitor guest areas and resolve conflicts in a respectful manner.
Qualifications: Good written and verbal skills; ability to handle multiple tasks at once; comfortable working with diverse groups of people; adaptable, energetic and able to cope with stress; one year direct service with diverse populations preferred, and high school diploma or equivalent.
Dining Room Coordinator
Objective: To efficiently prepare and serve lunch and/or dinner for up to 150 women and children while at the same time maintaining a welcoming, safe and nurturing environment.
Key Responsibilities: Prepare and serve entire meals for guests; perform cleanup duties; supervise the tasks of volunteers; maintain health department regulations; stock food and supplies, and maintain the safety and well being of guests and volunteers.
Qualifications: One year experience in the food service industry; ability to lift up to 50lbs and ability to work in a multicultural setting with people of diverse backgrounds, traditions, customs and personalities.
If interested in any of the above relief positions, please download the PDF application form, open in an Adobe reader, fill it out and email it to email@example.com. Make sure to put “Relief Staff Application” in the subject heading of your email. We will review your application and contact you if we believe you are a strong candidate for a position. No phone calls please.