Volunteers serve 75,000 nutritionally balanced meals in our Dining Room each year.
| Our volunteers play a vital role in ensuring that the guests of Rosie’s Place receive important services in a welcoming atmosphere. Here are some of the ways that volunteers help at Rosie's Place:
- Teach an English as a Second Language class to adult women; read more about what it's like to volunteer as a teacher
- Spend an hour each week as a Friendly Visitor; play cards or talk with a lonely woman in her home or assisted living facility; read Courtney's story about her visits with Elizabeth
- Serve and clean up a lunch or dinner to poor and homeless women in our Dining Room
- Teach an arts workshop to our guests
- Help women select groceries in our food pantry
To Learn More and Apply:
1. Read position descriptions in our application and decide which one interests you
2. Fill out our online individual volunteer application
3. Look for your email confirmation that your application has been received and with information for the next steps.